Friday, June 4, 2010

Boo-Hoo Perfect Game

Since I follow the Pirates and they stink, I really don't pay attention to Major League Baseball anymore. I didn't hear about the Phillies Pitcher having a Perfect Game last Friday (I think) until a few days later. I guess someone else had one earlier in May as well? Also, I didn't hear about the latest near-perfect game until last night. Anyway, I have only see 1 replay of and I think the guy was safe. Yes the ball was in his mit and foot on the base before the runner, but he also was clasping his glove and the ball was moving. He raises his hand and glove and then has the ball in control. IMO, he didn't have full possession of the ball, it was still bobbling. I don't even know if that counts anymore, because I am only thinking NFL where the reciever must have possession of the ball (and it not be moving in their hands). I kinda forget the rules of baseball. 17 straight years of losing Pirates baseball will do that to you! Anyway, all this crap about replay and the Comissioner giving the guy a perfect game is stupid. Mistakes are made. It is human nature. To go back a day or two later and change the outcome makes no sense to me. You lost the perfect game. Get over it!

2 comments:

  1. You tell 'em you PA Hick! Plus the pitcher got a free new car out of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good 2 c this blog still exists. I had my doubts when it was over a month between posts.

    ReplyDelete